TOP100 2023 Report - Report - Page 22
GO Expansion Projects – Early Works $10.513 billion
22 ReNew Canada
consultant); Golder-a WSP company (environmental services);
INTECH Risk Management, CIMA+; Deloitte (transaction
advisor); Aon (risk advisor); Comtech (mgmt. consulting
services); Arcadis (environmental services); DECAST;
Legal: Borden Ladner Gervais
Substantial Completion: 2025
The Early Works portion of the GO Expansion project is one of
three blocks of works to be done to accommodate two-way, allday transit throughout the GTHA corridor. According to the Fall
2018 business case, this work represents: “including both oncorridor and off-corridor civil works such as new track, station
improvements, grade separations and utility relocations, that
are either enabling infrastructure for future service increases,
needed state of good repair improvements or components that
can be delivered early, to reduce schedule risk for the program.”
There are over 50 individual projects included in the early
works program, including 40 smaller projects delivered as Design-Build or Design-Bid-Build, along with 12 larger projects
delivered as Build-Finance and Design-Build-Finance. The latter
includes the Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation Project,
for which the winning bidder was selected in July 2019, and the
Highway 401 Rail Tunnel, which began construction in March
2019, and the Stouffville Corridor Stations Improvement project.
The program also includes the Union Station Enhancement
project, which will see construction of a new South Concourse,
track expansion east of the station and replacement of the
90-year-old signaling system with new state-of-the-art signals,
communications, power supply, CCTV, and SCADA systems.
2022 Rank: 7
Location: Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area
DBF Team (Highway 401 Rail Tunnel): Toronto Tunnel Partners
• Applicant Lead: EllisDon Capital Inc. and STRABAG Inc.
• Construction: EllisDon Civil Ltd. and STRABAG Inc.
• Design: WSP Canada Inc., Dr. Sauer & Partners, Amec Foster
• Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc. and STRABAG Inc.
DBF Team (Davenport Diamond Grade Separation project):
Graham Commuter Rail Solutions
• Applicant Lead: Graham Capital Partners LP and Gracorp Capital Ltd.; Graham Construction and Engineering LP
• Construction: Graham Construction and Engineering LP
• Design: LEA Consulting Ltd. as Design Lead; EXP; International Bridge Technologies; Brown & Storey Architects Inc.
• Financial Advisor: Graham Capital Partners LP
AllianceTeam (Union Station Enhancement project): ONTrack
• Constructors: Kiewit-Alberici Union General Partnership
• Designers: WSP Canada Inc.
• Signalling Work: Mass. Electric Construction Canada Co.
Contractor: EllisDon (Dufferin/Queen bridge); Kenaidan/Cole
Engineering (rapid pedestrian tunnels)
Engineer: Wood-a WSP company (consulting); Parsons; Hatch;
Other Key Players: 4-Transit JV (technical advisory services):
Hatch, Parsons, WSP; CIMA+ (utilities relocation); Morrison
Hershfield (owner’s technical advisors team (sub-consultant
to Gannett Fleming); Comtech (program/project consulting);
Jacobs (program mgmt.); A.W. Hooker Associates Ltd. (cost